A Niche Content Site using PLR Can Explode your Business
By I wanna be an astrophysicist Charles L Harmon
What’s a niche content site, to begin with and why use PLR? A niche content site is a site that caters to a particular group of people. Using Private label rights or PLR can shortcut the time it takes to write article content and can save you money vs. having custom content written for the site.
Niches are topics like astrology; fishing is a niche; motor repair is a niche, Ayurveda is a niche, and internet marketing is a niche. People outside the niche would not be interested in reading about these topics. On the other hand, people who are interested in these topics will want to come to your website and may even come repeatedly to look for new information that you must put up all the time.
That information can be gotten from PLR articles or excerpts from PLR eBooks or other PLR sources. Such private label rights content can be a big time saver vs. creating content from scratch along with the normally required research needed for the article.
As far as niches go there can also be a niche within a niche. Like, in gardening, there could be a sub niche of how to do away with aphids or how to use the right mix of fertilizers to make those grapes bigger. These are sub niches. You must remember one thing here… the narrower you are making your niche, the lesser the number of people you are targeting for your site, but at the same time, these people are more focused and they will be more interested in doing business with you.
Think about it. If someone really wants to have some information all about PLR, they are not going to find too many sites on it. If your site has that content and also promotes some product relating to it, like done-for-you business content, the likelihood of that visitor buying the product from your site is high.
This is one way to go about it.
- First, think of a popular niche that you would like to build a site on. You could look at Google Suggestions when you do a search and see common phrases people are searching for.
- Google Suggest will also give you a host of keywords that you can use. These are the keywords that people are popularly searching.
- Look for a .com domain name that preferably has the niche keyword within it, if possible. This will give you a leg up toward getting free. Shorter domain names are best if you can get one.
- Build content using PLR as the basis of the articles on your site. Be sure to change the content so your content is unique. You should have at least 50 pages or so of content to make some kind of impact. Spruce up this content by using right keywords sprinkled throughout the content so that it reaches out to the people who are looking for the specific information.
- Then, look for affiliate products to promote on your niche site. You must become an affiliate of the product in order to make an affiliate commission when someone buys the product through your affiliate link. You can put ads in the form of text and banners which have your affiliate code in the link to the product.
By having your own site, you are saving money on advertising services such as Google AdWords. You have to popularize your site so that more people visit. It’s fairly easy and fast to do if you get a big head start by using PLR content related to the topic of your site. If your site is popular it will increase the number of clicks (and sales) that you get. At the same time, the popularity of your ads will increase the prospect of your website.
An Example Niche Site I’m Working on Now
Currently one of the projects I’m working on is a traffic membership. I’m using an old WordPress site I’m redoing and changing into a membership site. I had about 40 items for sale on it at one time which I’m in the process of removing most of them. The theme is a new theme and the products in the membership will be all about how to get traffic to your site. This site is a work in progress because I don’t have much time to spend on websites right now. If you’re interested in ways to get traffic to your website contact me on the contact form on the site if I haven’t yet put up the information signup or membership signup box.
Here is an example of one of my large niche sites built with WordPress, Stellary.com. Some content is modified PLR while others are custom written articles and a lot more is from NASA, Space.com and other RSS sources. Unfortunately I just don’t have time to edit and eliminate some of the many posts on the site as it is getting too large for me to maintain. Anyone interested in astronomy or astrophysics? Contact me if you’d like to help maintain the site.
Exploiting the Social Sites for Traffic
How you get traffic to your site is the subject of another article, but one more and more popular ways nowadays is to use social marketing. Here you can see examples of social marketing for my TravelQuizWeekly site from my Facebook page related to the site. Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and Twitter are the top social marketing sites at this time; however, there are several other popular sites with millions of users that could be included in your promotions.